WHO I AM
Hello and welcome to my online CV.
I am an experienced IT Professional & Software Engineer and have been working in the industry since 2001. During this time, I have designed, written & managed many software projects, driven by complex relational databases, administered servers, CCTV, VoIP systems, workstations & networks.
Date of birth: 12/06/1980
Phone +44 (0) 7788977553
University of Hertfordshire
BSc Computer Science with Networking
MY SKILLS & WORK IDEALOGY
Working in a fast-moving, marketing driven, e-commerce environment where complex changes are made minute by minute and can cope well with extreme pressure and can prioritise tasks well.
I have good motivational and leadership experience as well as time management. I work in an organised manner and have excellent research skills, finding creative solutions to technical problems and delivering projects on time.
ITARUS LIMITED - NORTHAMPTON / HOME WORKING
SENIOR SOFTWARE ARCHITECT AND PROJECT LEADER
2007 - 2018
- Responsible for the architecture of new software projects and server architecture.
- Managing and rolling out secured web servers.
- Reviewing software and processes to comply with Data Protection and GDPR
- Developing dashboards with SQL Reporting – Integrated visual dashboard into the main software solution
- Developing a process flow workflow management system which manages all the jobs & tasks which the company and external clients use to manage the work of the company, including IT tasks and Artwork Process Management.
- Developing Text Management solution to track translators carrying out translation tasks.
- Developing Artwork Management Applications to create branded artwork via the web for print.
- Developing both the Intranet (Microsoft Share point) and company website.
- Developing an application to help with artwork brand management.
- Developing a Help content management system to aid in the production of released code, to integrate with the Team Foundation Server Build process, to go through a process-flow of business approval and content version control.
- Management of Team Foundation Servers for internal & external developers.
- Supporting Customer Engineers with third line support.
- Managed and resolved issues relating to cyber security and penetration testing.
- Working with clients and designing specifications for their projects.
CYS SECURITY LIMITED/CYS GROUP - LUTON
HEAD OF TECHNOLOGY
2009 - 2018
- Responsible for all user workstations
- Securing & backing up all company files
- Installing & maintaining the company networking, CCTV, VoIP and email systems.
- Managing users access and giving relevant training as required.
- Looking after the servers and websites
- Maintaining the use of company mobile phones & tablets
DIAL-A-PHONE - LONDON
WEB DEVELOPER & WEBSITE ROLLOUT ADMINISTRATOR
2005 - 2007
Working as a web developer within a team of 7, my main objective was to develop and maintain the company websites to the marketing team’s specifications. I also worked on contracts from a number of third party clients, including major high street stores, mobile phone networks and major online brands.
I had exposure to online marketing techniques including Search Engine Optimisation, Pay-Per-Click and email marketing and designing of email newsletters.
Other day-to-day tasks included: planning, development, integration, code reviewing and destructive testing of other developer’s work.
EPSILIS LTD – STEVENAGE
2003-2004 / 2001-2002
During my university placement year I worked mainly with ASP/ASP.NET and MS SQL Server. This role gave me my first practical xperience of web development.
After completing my degree, I was invited back to work for Epsilis, working with high profile clients, including Argos, Vodafone & Nectar. I built on my theoretical knowledge to develop a good understanding of web standards, including accessibility issues,SEO and CSS.